Internship training is conducted in clinical settings that are properly recruited by the university whereby a placement agreement between the two parties is signed.
Currently, the Ministry of National Guard Health Affairs Hospital is the primary placement site for KSAU-HS Nurse Interns, specifically the following sites:
- King Abdulaziz Medical City- Riyadh
- King Abdulaziz Medical City- Al-Ahsa.
- King Abdulaziz Medical City- Jeddah
However, non-NGHA hospitals might be explored if a need to expand clinical placement sites arises. Exploring, approving, and recruiting new clinical placement settings remain entirely the responsibility of the concerned CON.
The Nursing Service Division in each clinical setting will select and approve, mutually with the concerned CON, the clinical teaching units designated as appropriate for interns’ clinical training taking into account the following considerations:
- Training needs of the interns.
- Appropriateness of the selected clinical areas to the program objectives.
- Inputs from the respective CON.
- Availability of related clinical experience identified by the program.
- Support structure available within the selected unit to promote quality of mentoring and bedside instructions.