The program is designed to achieve the following goals:
- To expand the interns’ understanding of the structure, scope, and services of real practice settings.
- To consolidate previously learned knowledge, skills, and attitudes related to professional nursing practice.
- To orient the interns about the different professional nurse roles & responsibilities.
- To facilitate the transition of interns’ performance from supervised to independent and functional professional practice.
- To prepare interns effectively for future full time employment and related workplace/ professional requirements.
- To explore interns’ career interest and employment preferences in order to prepare them accordingly.